In this tutorial we will be showing how to create a favicon and how to add it to a WordPress theme. We will be using Fireworks, Photoshop or any graphics program of your choice to create the basic graphic then using a free online tool to convert it to a favicon. From there we will add the favicon to our… Continue reading
This tutorial carries on from Dreamweaver CS5.5: Creating a WordPress 3.1 Theme in Dreamweaver CS5
In the second part of this tutorial we will look at how to change the content, sidebar and footer sections of your WordPress template using Dreamweaver CS5.5.
In this tutorial we will tech you how to take an existing WordPress 3.1 theme and using Dreamweaver CS5.5 create our own theme. This is a rather complex task however we are lucky in that Dreamweaver does make this task considerably easier for us, provide we know how to go about the changes we wish to make. We will begin by modifying another theme as this is a great way for you to learn just how WordPress works and is the best way for you to learn how to make WordPress themes.
Five things we need to have before beginning.
- XAMPP server running on your computer
- WordPress server running in our XAMPP server
- Dreamweaver CS5.5 although CS5 will do
- We also need to have your WordPress server set up to run in Dreamweaver (if you don’t know how to do this please check out the tutorial I did yesterday on setting this up)
- A WordPress theme installed to use as a basis for our new theme.
If you have all of this then we are ready to create our first WordPress 3.1 theme. Continue reading